E-Democracy.org builds online public space in the heart of real democracy and community. OurÂ missionÂ is to harness the power of online tools to support participation in public life, strengthen communities, and build democracy.
Starting with the world’s first election information website inÂ 1994Â in Minnesota, today we host over 50 localÂ Issues ForumsÂ in 17 communities across three countries – New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States. In addition to these “online town halls” and our “community life” forums weÂ promote civic engagement onlineÂ around the world.
E-Democracy.org is a U.S. registered 501c.3 non-profit non-partisan organization that accepts grants and donations. We estimate that 90% of our labor is donated by volunteers. Our majorÂ Inclusive Community Engagement OnlineÂ initiative is attracting substantial grant support.
- Our BlogÂ withÂ over 200 postsÂ andÂ E-Newsletter sign-up
- PeopleÂ – Staff, contractors,Â volunteers,Â Board membersÂ andÂ including paid work openings
- Contact usÂ – Or contactÂ SupportÂ for Issues Forum assistance
- Follow us:Â Facebook Page,Â Twitter @edemo,Â YouTube
- DonateÂ – We appreciate your support
- Get StartedÂ – Detailed list for participants, organizations, experts, and more
Introducing Issues Forums
Participate via our unique multi-technology approach via e-mail, the web, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Mission and GoalsÂ andÂ Strategic plan
- ServicesÂ – Consulting options we offer
- About Issues ForumsÂ -Â Extensive details, guides, webinars
- Special Projects and Initiatives
A Video Tour of our BeNeighbors.org Outreach
Check out ourÂ handoutsÂ from our virtual booth or watch this video:
Video – Let’s BeNeighbors.org Twin Cities
OurÂ archivesÂ provide useful context about E-Democracy.org.
In 1996 we received 501.c3 non-profit status from the IRS (final determination letter – PDF), making contributions tax-deductible.Â Our officialÂ Articles of IncorporationÂ approved by the IRS on September 25, 1996 may be of interest.Â Our Employer Identification Number is 41-1835917 and we areÂ registered with the GuideStar service.
Copyright Information:Â E-Democracy.org content licensed under aÂ Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.