E-Democracy.org builds online public space in the heart of real democracy and community. Our mission is to harness the power of online tools to support participation in public life, strengthen communities, and build democracy.
Starting with the world’s first election information website in 1994 in Minnesota, today we host over 50 local Issues Forums in 17 communities across three countries – New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States. In addition to these “online town halls” and our “community life” forums we promote civic engagement online around the world.
E-Democracy.org is a U.S. registered 501c.3 non-profit non-partisan organization that accepts grants and donations. We estimate that 90% of our labor is donated by volunteers. Our major Inclusive Community Engagement Online initiative is attracting substantial grant support.
- Our Blog with over 200 posts and E-Newsletter sign-up
- People – Staff, contractors, volunteers, Board members and including paid work openings
- Contact us – Or contact Support for Issues Forum assistance
- Follow us: Facebook Page, Twitter @edemo, YouTube
- Donate – We appreciate your support
- Get Started – Detailed list for participants, organizations, experts, and more
Introducing Issues Forums
Participate via our unique multi-technology approach via e-mail, the web, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Mission and Goals and Strategic plan
- Services – Consulting options we offer
- About Issues Forums – Extensive details, guides, webinars
- Special Projects and Initiatives
A Video Tour of our BeNeighbors.org Outreach
Check out our handouts from our virtual booth or watch this video:
Video – Let’s BeNeighbors.org Twin Cities
Our archives provide useful context about E-Democracy.org.
In 1996 we received 501.c3 non-profit status from the IRS (final determination letter – PDF), making contributions tax-deductible. Our official Articles of Incorporation approved by the IRS on September 25, 1996 may be of interest. Our Employer Identification Number is 41-1835917 and we are registered with the GuideStar service.
Copyright Information: E-Democracy.org content licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.