Webinar Monday – Nov. 1 Webinar – Social media use by local government in the US: What are the hurdles to doing it well?Written by Steven Clift
Watch the webinar or listen to the full event in MP3 format. See the source blog post from the webinar host Griff Wigley for additional details.
Slides used by Steven Clift, E-Democracy.org, Executive Director:
CROSS-POSTED: By Griff Wigley
With my civic and business hat on, I’m hosting a free webinar on social media use by local government on Monday, Nov. 1, at 8 PM CDT. It will feature:
* A tour of several local government websites (primarily cities in the US) to see some best practices of how social media tools (blogs, web forums, email lists, webinars, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) are being used to enable more transparency and engagement.
* A discussion about the hurdles that local government officials face when implementing the use of social media.
The panelists (all bloggers), all have some Northfield connections:
* Betsey Buckheit, Councilor, City of Northfield, MN
Prior to her election in 2008, Betsey served on Northfield’s Charter Commission, Planning Commission, Non-Motorized Transportation Task Force, and Library Board. She’s been a Humphrey Institute Public Policy Fellow and part of the Blandin Community Leadership Program. See her Council news, local issues, and public policy blog here.
* Steven Clift, founder and Executive Director, E-Democracy.org
Steve is also a speaker and consultant on e-democracy and was the guy who brought the UK e-gov delegation to Northfield in 2004 (hosted at the Contented Cow) and a field trip to Northfield for the International Symposium on Local E-Democracy in 2005 (hosted at the Cow and the Archer House). See his Democracies Online (DoWire) blog here.
* Scott Neal, City Manager, City of Eden Prairie, MN
Scott was Northfield’s City Administrator from 1996-2002. His last day at Eden Prairie is today. He begins his new job as City Manager for Edina, MN on Nov. 8. See his Eden Prairie City Manager blog here.
Please register for the free webinar on social media use by local government for Monday, Nov. 1, at 8 PM CDT.
If you’re unable to attend, the webinar will be recorded and archived on the web.
Got questions or comments? Attach a comment here or contact me.
Subscribe to Blog via E-mail