For those who just finished our strategic planning survey, THANK YOU and welcome to our overall project blog. On the right you can sign-up to receive e-mail updates on future blog posts. This is a good way to keep up on organization-wide news.
Sometimes it is important to remind ourselves what we are about. It is based on this mission that dozens of people volunteer their time to building democracy in the information age with E-Democracy.Org.
From our About page:
- Expanded participation and stronger democracies and communities through the power of information and communication technologies and strategies.
- 1. Engagement: Strengthen, expand, and diversify engagement through effective and meaningful online discussions and information exchange on public issues
- 2. Information and Civic Education: Increase the use and relevance of information resources about elections, governance, the media, and public affairs to help address public challenges
- 3. Best Practices and Tools: Develop and disseminate best practices and tools to promote community conversation and engagement, civic education, and information exchange
- 4. Promote Active Citizenship: Empower participants with online skills and experiences to have an impact on their communities and governments
- 5. Organizational Capacity and Sustainability: Maintain an ethical, stable, and financially strong organization of volunteers and staff that effectively and efficiently responds to growing and changing expectations, opportunities, and responsibilities
Next up – an opportunity to help guide our draft strategic plan with an online survey.
Subscribe to Blog via E-mail
- Filed in All