Â CityCampMN 2013 LiveÂ – Photos, News, Links
Engaging Civic Innovations
CityCampMNÂ is our region’s unconference* for passion-fueled, technology-enhanced civic ideas and solutions.
Join us to connect active citizens, community leaders, technologists, and government officials for a day of learning, discussing, and imagining how to use technology to strengthen communities and create more open government.
Bring your ideas, energy, voice, diverse perspectives, and skills. Everyone is welcome.
- When:Â 9 AM – 4 PM, Sat., Nov. 9th, 2013, Reception 4-6 PM
See below for optional day two civic hackathon at DevJam.
- Where:Â University of St. Thomas – Minneapolis Campus,Â Schulze Hall
- RSVP:Â Register HereÂ – We expect ~150 participants
- Ticket Options:Â $10 Guaranteed Spot, Open Donation, or Free (Lottery, as space is limited) – All includeÂ freeÂ lunch and appetizers and at least one drink at the reception.
Participants provide the unconference session topics. Propose a topic online now or at the event. Those who show up, drive each topic. For those new to CityCamp, topics may include:
*Whatâ€™s an Unconference??
An unconference is the dynamic, informal exchange of information and ideas among participants.
This is CityCampMNâ€™s second installment of theÂ wildly popular CityCamp â€œunconferenceâ€ seriesÂ taking off in places like London, San Francisco, and Buenos Aires.
In short, the coffee break becomes the conference – with some structure, of course:
- EveryoneÂ rapidly introduces themselves with just three words about their interests/why they came
- Participants pitch session topics (building on online proposals)
- Popular â€œIgnite-style,â€ six-minute presentations will be back and expanded
- Behind the scenes, ideas are sorted into break-out sessions, each session will have a discussion chair
- Discussion sessions galore – InÂ 2011, we had over 125 participants withÂ nearly 30Â ~45 min breakout sessions throughout the day
- New – One minute breakout summaries shared with all, recorded for the world
- New – End day with “Ideation” launch for the optional, day two hackathon (see below)
- New – Reception/Celebration
You are the engine for change and innovation! Â Â Register now.
Â CityCampMN HackathonÂ – AÂ Hack for MNÂ Mini-Camp/Workday – Sunday
The following day, Sunday Nov. 10th,Â Open Twin CitiesÂ will hold a civic hackathon atÂ DevJam StudiosÂ in S. Minneapolis to “code” upon the issues and ideas discussed at CityCampMN.
To RSVP for the hackathon, simply answer ‘Yes’ when asked when you register for CityCampMN.
Like all civic hackathons, this event is open to everybody who has passion for their community and an idea and/or desire to make it stronger. You need not be a software developer, designer, etc. to participate and share hands-on value.
The “ideation” phase for Sunday’s hackathon will start at CityCampMN.
Â Thank You SponsorsÂ
CityCampMNÂ is organized byÂ E-DemocracyÂ andÂ Open Twin Cities. Open Twin Cities is aÂ Code for America BrigadeÂ partnered with E-Democracy.
Contact E-DemocracyÂ (fiscal agent) for sponsorship details. Â Sponsor CityCampMN, Open Twin Cities, and Hack for MN in one simple packageÂ for the next year.
|More sponsors to come!Â Contact E-DemocracyÂ for information.See ourÂ full Sponsors pageÂ for all our sponsors and list of individual boosters.A special thanks goes to the University of St. Thomas for venue sponsorship and Lockridge Grindal Nauen PLLP for sponsoring our combined CityCampMN/White House Champions of Change reception and celebration.|
|CityCampMN is hosted by E-Democracy and Open Twin CitiesÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â|
After You Register